Pastebin can be used to host webЯcade feed documents (see Feed Format).
Although creating and logging into a Pastebin account is not required, it is highly recommended. Without an account, it is not possible to make changes to existing pastes (feeds). This means that updating a feed would require the creation of a new paste, which would result in a new feed URL.
To host a feed in Pastebin, perform the following steps:
- Navigate to pastebin.com and scroll (if necessary) to the text area that is titled, "
New Paste" (see screenshot below).
- Paste the webЯcade feed content (see Feed Format) into the "
New Paste" text area (see screenshot below).
- Scroll down (if necessary) until the "
Create New Paste" button is shown. Click the "
Create New Paste" button to create the new paste containing the webЯcade feed (see screenshot below).
- After the paste has been created, click the "
RAW" button (red highlight in screenshot below) to view the raw content feed.
- The webЯcade feed URL will be shown in the browser's navigation bar (see screenshot below).
The example from above can be tested by adding a feed with the following URL within the webЯcade player:
It is highly recommended that a link shortener such as TinyURL be utilized to alias the Pastebin URL to a more memorable URL (see TinyURL page). The following TinyURL-based URL will redirect to the above Pastebin URL.